Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Published!

I finally "published" my first three articles as an adult (I had some stuff in the newspaper as a high school student). I use the quotes because while I am enjoying the site that published my articles, it's not quite on par with, say, a major magazine or newspaper. But it's a start! And I am learning so much about the process of putting together an article for publication.

My writing experience has been mostly focused on the corporate kind (proposals, requirements, business cases, etc.), as well as the writing I did in college and grad school. I've also done some web content, but I'm learning a lot about how I can improve that, as well. It's really quite exciting, although I am working hard to tamp down the feeling of "I don't want to practice and learn--I just want to know how to do this RIGHT NOW!"

I published my three articles, and then I had an assignment to write a web page. It's amazing how much better the web page content is now that I've been studying the process of publishing on the internet. Must run to learn more now!

No comments: